Web Design Process – 6 steps to follow
Want to deliver structured web design process more successfully? Following steps can help you make websites faster and more efficiently.
Well-designed and developed websites attract visitors and help people understand the company and business through a variety of elements of your site so everything needs to work towards a defined goal.
For me, steps to design a website requires following 6 steps:
- Purpose: For what purpose website needs to fulfill?
- Work Scope: Once the purpose is clear, we can define the scope of the project. I.e., what web pages and features the site requires , and time frame required to build those out after creating the sitemap and wire frames.
- Contents: Once the scope of work is cleared, we have a bigger picture in mind, we can start creating content for the pages accordingly, always keeping search engine optimization (SEO) in mind.
- Design: Having contents ready, we can start working on the website design, This part of the design and development process is the stage where a good web designer and developer can really shine.
- Testing: By now, you’ve got everything ready, so it’s time to make sure it all works.
- Launch: Once everything’s working beautifully, it’s time to plan and execute your site launch!